Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Text That Everybody Knows

So, I've been spending a lot of time recovering from surgery and what-not...knowing that I want to start writing again but not knowing what in the world to say. I've browsed through piles of Cheezburger photos, listened to a lot of music, and watched hours of music videos while stuck in the hospital. It seems that everyone but me has something to say. I find it interesting that the different entertainment mediums are now crossing into each other. For instance, one of my favorite songs, Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye, has been parodied all over the internet for it's popular line "But you didn't have to cut me off." The line has been added to numerous photos of traffic jams, Vincent Van Gogh's self portrait, and many more. Isn't it funny that there's no escape from reading, even if it is fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment