Thursday, July 12, 2012

Writer's Block

What would you do if you could never write again? What would you do if you could never convey your thoughts again? I encountered these questions first hand two days ago during a medical scare. These were questions I never thought I'd have to ask, especially at my age.

Even if I don't immediately put it on paper or in type on the computer, everything I encounter in my life, I think about how I could tell it in story. There are family stories that I want to tell. Fiction that I want to share. Travels that I want to write about. For a few hours this week, I thought I would lose it all. The ability to think, speak, and share. It was terrifying. I am hoping that this experience will give me a new lease on life, on writing. The importance of putting pen to paper. Of sharing what I know. Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment